CLWKS CHROMA Roll Out The Barrel,RN "Cooper" The Great Dane

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Sock Thief!

Cooper has an incredible obsession with socks! Out of a pile of laundry (clean or dirty) he can always find a sock. The only problem is that by the time you see that he has it he is already swallowing it. He does this thing where he knows you are going to take it from him, so he holds off chewing until he is out of sight so that you don't know he has something. He has thrown up socks twice already. Thankfully they came up!
So we get a recommendation from a friend to tie a few old socks in a large knot and let him play with them, assuming that they will become boring to play with like all his other toys. Good idea right...not so much..last night he swallowed both socks with the big knot in them. I panicked, because I was worried that it was going to be too big to come back up. I called Jennifer (our breeder) and asked if she had ever made a dog throw up. She said "yep, get the hydrogen peroxide out and give him 1/4 cup using a syringe or turkey baster." So I did and sure enough about 15 min later he started vomiting. 3 cups of food, two of Steve's socks with knots in them, and one of my black socks! What a little sh*t! Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

MelloYello said...

That sucks but I'm glad everyone is okay (assuming you survived it) If it makes you feel any better our ~12 lb dachshund ate an entire large bar of super dark chocolate one day, so we had to play the same game. Let me tell you how bad chocolate smells the second time around. Hopefully otherwise you guys had a good holiday!

Mary

Unknown said...

How have I missed your blog?? AND you're linked to me. AND you're in MN.
Crazy. Looking forward to learning more about Cooper. I really like Chroma's breeding program, and he's a great example.